Department of Civil Affairs
Local Governance Division
- Conciliation and administration.
- Assembly of the local residents
- Legal Aid
- Contacts among the city hall and other units
- Making sister cities
- Training programs, lectures, awarding activities for basic level cadres.
- Neighborhood Watch programs
- Mayor's visit to basic level units
- Division of administrative districts and adjustment of those, such as li and lin.
- Construction and maintenance of the great hall of the local residents.
- Strengthen the efficiency of the basic organizations
- Li organizes entertaining activities.
- Contact and coordination regarding impeachment business in the elections
- Assess training results of heads and secretaries of Li and lin and assist and guide affairs concerning welfare.
Business and Ventures Division
Undertake community construction projects
- mprove the living environment and enhance the living quality for citizens: improve and maintain facilities on the public alleys and road, eliminate untidiness on the street, beautify Landscaping and greening the environment and improve the living environment so as to achieve the goal as to enhance the living quality for citizens.
- Devote in the construction of infrastructure and the improvement of convenience of daily life: maintain alleys, roads, paving, sewers, stiles, handrails, retaining walls, culverts, and other facilities, including agency and school facilities. The goal is to realize the construction of local infrastructure.
Promote public productive enterprise
- The city is surrounded by mountains on three sides and the forth side faces a sea. 90% of the mountainside is reserved areas and protection forests. Because of northeast monsoon, the rain season tends to last longer in the winter. It is therefore extremely difficult to expand and develop public productive enterprises. To overcome the difficulty, public enterprises have been under multiple evaluations. Due to various restrictions, some public productive enterprises can not be carried out. Current public productive enterprises include a tourist service center , three parking areas and a 55-hectare forest of Taiwan acacia. After years of painstaking hard work, the Ministry of Interior has ranked Keelung the second in the promotion of public productive enterprises among other cities in 2001~2010; 2011 ~ 2016 year was awarded the city first.
Household Registration Division
Household registration administration:
- Plan and implement household registration administrative works, supervise and assess administrative work and manage the quality of the service provided to the general public, practice revolutionary services with simplified household registration procedure for the convenience of citizens, advocate policy, provide training courses to employees and volunteer workers in the household registration section, study laws and policy, guide and assist matters regarding natural person certificates, manage application fees for obtaining certified household register copies.
Interpret and explain articles in the household registration law:
- Interpret and explain laws and policies regarding identity, relocation, and correction registry, and name change.
- Manage matters such as acquisition, loss, restoration of nationally and to revoke nationality, set up basic language proficiency tests and tests on general knowledge concerning Taiwanese nationals’ rights and obligations for foreigners applying for naturalization of nationality of the Republic of China.
Gather registered household demographic statistics:
- Analyze statistics of applied cases, population statistics, and year-end demographic statistics
Manage business with computers:
- Manage and maintain the household registration and conscription information system and the address plate number inquiry system.
Assist and guide foreign spouses to adapt to the life in Taiwan:
- Open classes to assist and guide foreign spouses to adapt to the life in Taiwan.
Folk Custom Division
Management of Funeral and Mortuary Affairs
- The Funeral Service covers the operation of funeral and mortuary facilities and the service for the funeral and burial customs and practices. The Funeral Service also manages permissions for setting up funeral services in the city (as a case for future references) and funeral services of other cities and counties operating outside their original location (also can serve as a future reference).
Promote good rites and customs, modify social fashions
- The city government organizes a volunteer team for municipal funeral service, which aims at improving and simplifying traditional funerals, setting up a good model of a modern society as well as enhancing funeral services.
- The city government sets up group weddings that are more holy, dignified and ceremonious than traditional weddings in order to promote good rites and customs, simplify complicated wedding procedures, avoid spending too much money on weddings, and modify social fashions. Group weddings also serve to promote good rites and customs.
Assist and guide temples and churches to develop sound organizations
- Assist religious groups to legally file an application for turning non-urban land into one that can be used for religious purpose
- Register temples in the city
- Manage the establishment and change of a religious juridical person
- Assist to change real estate status, originally registered under a natural person or other than a natural person by a religious group, into temples or churches.
Indigenous Peoples Affairs Division
- Train young indigenous people to drive and to develop other skills
- Support indigenous students funding and scholarship
- Subsidize indigenous people to purchase houses
- Grant loans and funding for indigenous people to start business
- Promote indigenous culture and art
- Offer job training and employment guidance
- Provide legal aid, emergency assistance and welfare service for indigenous people
- Organize activities for indigenous people’s association
- Offer tuition subsidies for indigenous students’ preschool education
- Promote education on indigenous arts and crafts
- Organize sports activities and athletic meets for indigenous people
- Aboriginal Culture Park in urban areas: Houses on the seashore for indigenous people, aboriginal culture hotels and plazas of aboriginal culture
- Date of announcement：2021/10/20
- Last updated： 2021/10/20